- Students & Parents
Parent Teacher Organizations
There are 3 parent organizations that you can join to help make a positive difference at our school.
Ruth Brown Parent Teacher Organization
The Ruth Brown Parent Teacher Organization is a vital part of our school’s success. They help make activities and events possible for our students throughout the year. They also come together to find ways to make our school a better place for students, staff, and parents. We are always looking for more members: teachers and parents. We would love for you to be a part of it. We meet once a month, in the evening. Meetings are posted in advance on the school Facebook page and added to our school calendar on this website. Please feel free to attend any or all meetings, and send us an email if you would like to become an official member or would like more information.
Contact Us: Ruth Brown Parent Teacher Organization
Current PTO Officers
- President- Jennifer Lambert
- Vice President- Ana Loureiro
- Secretary- Jennifer Nugent
- Treasurer- RuthAnne Peterson
Ruth Brown Site Council
This council is made up of staff members and parents. It oversees expenditures of certain state and federal monies that are allocated to Ruth Brown and assists with updating our Single Plan for Student Achievement. Every year, some members complete their two-year terms and must be replaced and others who move out of our district. Therefore, we are always looking for new members. Meetings are held monthly and are open to the public. If you are interested in joining, please contact our principal, Cintia Robinson.
Current Site Council Members:
- Cintia Robinson- Principal
- Courtney Hurt- Classroom Teacher
- Kristin Fenster- Classroom Teacher
- Stephanie Steffens- Classroom Teacher
- Narciso Pedroza- Other school staff
- John Estrada- Parent or community member
- Jovon Hedge- Parent or community member
- Ruthanne Peterson- Parent or community member
- Jennifer Nugent- Parent or community member
- Toby Johnson- Parent or community member
- Ana Beceril-Loureiro- Parent or community member
ENGLISH LEARNER ADVISORY COUNCIL (ELAC)
This committee is composed of school staff and parents of children in the English Development program. The committee advises and assists in planning educational programs to meet the needs of English language learners. At least one member is selected to represent Ruth Brown Elementary at the District English Learner Advisory Council.